Writing Styles Used In Congratulatory cards
If someone you know or love has been working hard, and finally accomplishes something that they've set out to achieve, then you'll be over the moon for them. The relief and happiness is incredible, of seeing someone you love chasing their dreams and succeeding in life.
Sending a congratulations card is a great way to congratulate a person on their achievement. No matter the achievement—passing their driving test, getting a promotion or acing exams—everyone loves receiving congratulations in the mail.
If you’re wondering if it’s appropriate to send a card or not — it is! Imagine you’ve just completed something and are feeling proud. Would you like to receive a card from a friend or family member acknowledging your accomplishment? Of course, you would!
Congratulations card can come in various forms, set apart by their functionalities and content. For example you can print congratulation cards for several reasons like graduation ceremonies, getting a new job, closing a deal, buying a new house, basically anything that warrants congratulations.
What you write in a congratulations card depends on how well you know the person. You can use a general layout, and just say a few words to congratulate someone with their accomplishment, or you might want to go into more detail in order to thank them for their hard work and dedication.
Below are some examples of both formal and more informal greetings.
Formal greetings include
- You have earned the success you are enjoying today through your determination and dedication at every step of the way. Congratulations!
- Congratulations! May your success give you the confidence to go forward and rise to the next challenge?
- Sending you congratulations today and wishing you well for the next project, which will no doubt be a success.
You could also switch it up by being informal, bearing in mind the relationship you have with the recipient. You could very much start with these casual openers.
- Couldn’t be happier for you.
- This calls for a celebration.
- You did it! We’re so proud of you.
- It was only a matter of time. Well done!
Lastly Congratulations cards are a helpful way of building and maintaining relationships, whether formal or informal.